SELF- CARE ….
Hello lovelies! Happy fab Friday 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽. I look forward to Fridays . What about you ?
On today’s post , I will be sharing with you my night time self care routine after my usual night shower 🚿 and let me shock you guys , even when snow is dropping like rain , I still have to shower .Not for anything but I believe is part of me as I won’t sleep that night if I don’t .
The things you do right before bed time have a big impact on your life . This year , I decided I really want to work towards taking care of myself this season , which simply means putting more effort into guarding my heart , body ,soul and protecting my peace of mind .
Having a good routine before you sleep helps to de- stress and for me it’s more than just taking care of your skin alone . So below is a little insight of my night routine incase you are wandering what I do before I hit my bed 🛏:
THINGS I DO
- REMOVE MY MAKEUP – Even on lazy days, I always do this and am one of the people who can’t fathom why you will sleep on your makeup! For quick and easy results I find the Garnier cleansing water great 👍. I always use it to remove my eye makeup and take another cotton pad of it across the face and down to my neck .
- EXFOLIATE – I exfoliate at least two or three times a week and I particularly. I have used lots of exfoliate scrubs in the past but I love Ives exfoliating scrub . It deep cleans my skin and I love the fact they have range of products you can choose from depending on ur skin’s needs .
- BRUSH MY TEETH- I know this might sound boring 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 but brushing your teeth at night has to be done , we have to clean all the leftovers of a the food and drinks we had during the day . This is definitely a must for me every night . I can’t carry it 😁😁😁.
- MOISTURISER- I always get the moisture back to my skin after the night shower as I want a flawless skin as well . I go simple with this , all I use on my body is just rose water and I rub it in from my face to my toe . Occasionally, I use my night serums and facial oils . Rose water with glycerin does magic . You need to try it guys . You will thank me later .
- BUBBLE BATHS 🛀 AND USING AROMATHERAPY OILS – I have a confession to make here , I don’t do this enough but this year I want to do more of this , even though I ran a bath last night with LUSH Products and it was so refreshing . I had my Yankee Candle on . I almost dozed off , the more reason I don’t do it often as hubby is always telling me is dangerous if am the only one at home . Don’t mind him 😀😀😀. He said in case I sleep off .
- READING – This is one of my favourite night routine I love reading books 📚 and it has so much helped me in my life . I enjoy reading when am all clean , fresh , relaxed in the comfort of my bed and I go to bed easily reading . At the moment , am reading WHEN BREATH BECOMES AIR BY PAUL KALANITHI.
- GO TO BED EARLY – ok , i know this should be at the top of the list but i sneakily put it last as I always find something to do even when suppose to be in bed . Like going through my Instagram feeds , replying messages , Work or personal related which is not too healthy at the time to sleep 💤. I really need to work on this more , so want I do now is once my bedtime alarm rings , I know is time to pray and sleep .
So that’s my realistic night time self care routine for now .
What about you ? What’s your beauty regime like at night and are there things you feel you should do more ?
What does self care look like for you ? I love to read from you in the comment section below . Thanks for reading 📖.