5 WAYS OF CHOOSING FAITH OVER FEAR
Welcome to another episode of Sunday Breeze!!!!!!!
A while ago, the Devil began whispering things to me like ” God has forgotten about you ” ” Just give up ” , ” How much longer will God show up for you “. Although I paid less attention to it but the thoughts kept running through my mind. That’s what I call fear. I’m human now …LOL.
Often times in the journey of life, we are faced with what seems like dead-end, our human nature always makes us want to take our eyes off God and focus on the problem and this will increase our fear and anxiety. Truth is, the devil will definitely challenge you and your faith , it’s left to you to decide what to believe and hold on to .
So how was I able to overcome the fears and the raging thoughts that clouded my mind ? I did so by the word of God! I will say regardless of how you feel or what’s happening , you must stand firm in faith and put your trust in the LORD. When the fear comes, you say , I CHOOSE FAITH OVER FEAR .
So these are the five ways that helped me choosing faith over fear:
- KNOW THE WORD OF GOD – Find out what God says about a particular situation , This means getting your bible, looking up verses online, and read the word of God. I realised that alot of us knows much about how God works, but lack of the knowledge and understanding about God deprives us of our identity. Which is why many of us give accepts devil’s cheap lies.
- LOOK UP VERSES THAT PERTAIN TO YOUR SITUATION – This has also help me alot in choosing faith over fear and my life has not been the same since then. If you’re worried about finances( how you’ll get out of debt or pay this bill, look for verses on God’s provision) . If it is direction for your life, look up verses on God’s guidance e.t.c. and hold on to it with your heart.
- WRITE THE VERSES OUT – Write them plainly on a piece of paper or in your phone. Is always good to keep those bible verses with you as you go about your day and this will help you overcome any fear and increase your faith. This step is so simple and efficient.
- SPEAK THE VERSES OUT – Meditate on those verses as many times you need to . Word of God cannot be too much, speak it to your existence at all time and you will see how your life will be totally transformed. Faith comes by hearing the word of God .
- REFER BACK TO THEM – Lastly, every time your worries roll back over you, continue to read the scriptures out loud . Don’t be discouraged!!! I will advice just keep holding on to the word like a shield. One good thing is that as you persist, the enemy will flee away from you. Storm will always come in life, but it’s left to us to always stay tune to our faith in God and we will not be ashamed.
What’s the worst storm you’ve ever been through? How did you overcome it ? How did you choose faith over fears? would love to read your helpful thoughts …..
Thank you for reading.
God bless you .